Psalm 40: verses 9-10 speak to evangelism and "not sealing our lips". I think of all the trivial, meaningless things I am more than happy to tell people but too often keep my mouth shut about the most important thing.
Psalm 58 makes me think of the cause I am fasting for this month...babies who are aborted. This Psalm talks about injustice in our leaders and I can't think of a more obvious example than a government which supports abortion. "In your heart you devise injustice, and your hands mete out violence on the earth."
I see a recurring theme through most Psalms of a cry for justice. We definitely see a lack of it everyday on our world. It definitely frustrated David to no end, and since we know David is a man after God's own heart, we can probably assume that it frustrates God as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment